Seating Solutions LLC - Company Message
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Critical considerations when selecting rehab shower commode chairs
Blog created by Respecta, Finland following a training by Sharon in December 2016
2015 is sliding away!
Hips and Seating challenges...
Owner of Seating Solutions, LLC

Categories

Clinical considerations when selecting rehab shower commode chairs
Fall 2013
Fall 2015
Interview with Sharon following training conducted in Finland December 2016
Seating and Hip Joint Limitations...
Seating for the Elderly

Archives

March 2017
October 2015
March 2015
July 2014
September 2013

powered by

My Blog

Hips and Seating challenges...

Do you think about the relationship between hip limitations and seating? In the past 4 years, I have been paying close attention to this. Approximately 80% of all the clients ( not age specific) I have had the privilege of assessing for wheelchair seating during this time have not had the range of motion necessary to sit successfully in the wheelchair seating systems they were presenting in (On average I see between 15-20 clients per month). Their presenting symptoms varied from sacral sitting and compensating kyphosis with hyper extended cervical spine to extreme pelvic obliquity, pelvic rotation and compensating scoliosis with very compromised respiratory  and disgestive function. Upon assessment out of the chair on a mat table or plinth in supine, it is revealed that their hip range of motion relative to their pelvis is very compromised on one or both sides... This leaves a dilemma when it comes to effective seating solutions.... I believe we need to consider carefully our options... Have the client "fit the chair/seating system"  or have the chair/seating system fit the client"..... What are your thoughts? - what are our options? Are you seeing this when you do your full "out of chair" seating assessments? Do you stumble upon this with your clients who present with more complex seating needs? Would you like to discuss this?

8 Comments to Hips and Seating challenges...:

Comments RSS
cv specialists on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 2:56 AM
If you want to sit on the seat, then you have to sit on the relax point. Otherwise, you will feel tired after some time. You have to wear the soft clothes and feel fresh. You have to watch and post your own thoughts.
Reply to comment

rushessay on Thursday, May 03, 2018 6:38 PM
Such a nice and informative blog that you shared with us. I don't have any idea about your topic. For me, seating is one of the most important things to me in terms of travel. I make sure that I am comfortable in my seat and I can relax. Sometimes, I feel some pain in my lower back and I think that it is because of too much spending time in seating. I love reading your post. Now I know what are the things that I need to do if I feel a pain in my lower back.

i need an assignment on Friday, January 26, 2018 6:10 AM
The owner of seating solutions for the LLC is the best solution services for the peoples.There is a best solution for the seating solutions. There is a well known solution as well as the best way of putting efforts to make coustomer ease.
Reply to comment

Coursework Writing on Thursday, February 08, 2018 4:45 AM
We have investigate your everything of the certainties a few variables are additionally genuine and a couple of for the most part are top notch. Great distribute I would love to thank you for the endeavors you have made in scripting this energizing and educated article
Reply to comment

aly on Monday, April 23, 2018 12:47 AM
Nice
Reply to comment

essayuniverse on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:22 AM
I really like the your views in this profession because its production is great and even this video attains some tips that may be helpful for you. Anyways this video main perspective is to give resurrection services like that. Thus, only for that reason l like the video and also I’d like to thank the person who posted this informative video.
Reply to comment

essay writing company on Friday, May 11, 2018 7:34 AM
I will tell my friend about this website. He might need to use your service.
Reply to comment

rushessay on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 11:21 PM
When I was still in college, I am very interested about people who were sitting for a long time. I searched all over the internet about the effects of sitting for a long time and the symptoms of these effects. I found out that more than half of our world population spend about over six hours sitting down each and every day and I think it is very alarming. This can also cause different health effects in us. Some of the effects are, we are prone to cancer, diabetes risk, varicose veins and heart disease.
Reply to comment